Welcome

Welcome to my crazy mish mash of daily living. In this blog, you will find things like paper crafts, refinished furniture pieces, sewing, recipes, ...you get the idea.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Iphone Pocket

I am leaving on a missions trip tomorrow to Joplin Missouri. I just pray that I can make a difference in even one persons life. What those people are going through is not even imaginable, so please pray for them.

While I am there, I will be assisting in the cleanup of debris. I obviously did not want to carry my purse with me, but wanted to be able to carry my phone. The pockets in women's pants are not always very deep, and I did not want my phone to fall out, so I decided to sew a quick little pouch to carry it in. I added a loop on the top so I can add a hook and hook it on to my belt loop. I also added a small pocket on the inside of the pouch to hold my money and identification.

The blue gingham fabric used on the inside of this pouch was from a robe my mother in law used to wear not long before she passed away. I love her and miss her so much. It will be nice to take a piece of her with me on my trip.

I did not have a pattern or take measurements when I was making this. I just laid my phone on the fabric pieces and cut it to a size where I could fold it up into a pocket.

Well, I hope you have a great week!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment